General navigation and use
The nx-interface a touch screen display. The navigation from one page to another is done by pointing/clicking on an element.
The main icons used for navigation are:
Access to main menu. This icon is on every screen and click on it to come back to the top level and navigate quickly
Access to settings (level3).
There are prepared graphical screens for setting and an access to the whole list of settings with the + symbol from there in EXPERT mode.
Access to detailed lists of information (from info screen) or list of settings (from settings screen). The + is accessible only in EXPERT MODE for list access.
ON/OFF of all the functions of the inverter. A confirmation is asked
Back on the previous screen in the menu hierarchy
Enable or mute the beeping of the remote and the inverters.
Page indicator: you can swipe left/right to move to different pages of the same level. For example, when there are many solar chargers in the system, you can navigate from one to another.
Example for the information screen of solar:
The navigation on the nx-interface is organized as given by the picture below. A locked screen appears after some time of inactivity on the nx-interface. It is unlocked with a slide move or with a code. From the locked screen you go back to the last screen that was displayed before entering sleep mode.
The main menu is always accessible form any screens with the icon: available on each screen.
The nx-interface screen is organized with screen levels
- LEVEL1: general view of the state of the energy system, the instant values, the history, and the message log.
- LEVEL2: Information about each component (AC-source, Battery, solar,...)
- Many detailed information that can be obtained from the next3 about the inverters operation. For example the AC-reactive power of the phase 2 on the AC-source connection can be seen by going on the AC-source from the main synoptic.
- LEVEL3: Programming: the settings about each component can be seen or modified.
Note: when on a configuration screen (Level 3), the settings are for a unique component. Per exemple there are two solar mppt entries on one next, the settings are accessed individually.
For convenience and simplicity, not all information can fit on one screen. From the level 2, the “plus” button allows to access a list of detailed information.
From the level 3, the “plus” button allows to access a list of detailed settings.
The “plus” of level 2 and 3 is accessible at expert level only. The unique reference identification number are used in communication and to clearly identify the information/settings.
Navigation from the synoptics to the detailed information and settings of parameters:
Example with the battery
See the following chapter to have details about each component of the energy system (the solar, the AC-source, the AC-Flex, the battery, ...)
The nx-interface has an embedded documentation about all information (level 2) and settings (level 3) available.
- Access to documentation about one setting/information by clicking on its name
- Change the settings by clicking on its value
The explanations about the received messages are also embedded by clicking on one message.
The full list of information and settings with their default values, units, ranges, and explanations can be found in the Object Model description. Each parameter/setting/information has its own unique identification number starting with the prefix ID. The same documentation is embedded in the nx- interface.
User accessibility: can be changed in the nx-interface menu with user levels. The levels are:
- View Only: the user has access to levels 1 and 2 of the screens (dashboard, synoptic, graph, messages, view of components information). The configuration icon is not accessible and the user cannot change anything in the configuration of the system. Code is 00000.
- Basic: the user has accessed to the level 2 and 3 It is possible to modify the configuration of the next without the full list of settings (the full list icon is not accessible). The important settings for the standard operation of the next system are available on the prepared screens of level 3. Code is 815566.
- Expert: the user has accessed to all information and settings. Access is restricted for end-user as the grid code settings must be chosen by the qualified installer at commissioning and modifications are not allowed. The expert code is delivered only to qualified installers.
On the first commissioning the nx-interface is set to Expert to allows the use of the wizard process and then automatically set down to View Only.
The modification of the user level is done with codes in the nx-interface, in the remote control screen and then on the configuration menu ( → )
The codes are:
View Only 000000
Expert For professionals only
Blocking access with customized code
The slider of the locked screen can be replaced by a code to unlock. This prevents the modification of the system by unwanted people.
The activation of this code is done in the remote control screen and then on the configuration menu
( → ). It is available for experts only. The unlock code can be freely chosen.
Displaying the state of the energy system
The actual and historical state of the energy system can be seen on the screens of Level 1 of the energy system.
The status of the energy system is seen with two screens the simplified dashboard of the synoptic.
Power fluxes and state of the battery can be seen. In one blink you know what your production is, consumption and general state of the system. All powers are the sum of all devices and all phases. The same general overview is on the “locked screen”.